Wednesday 4 April 2012

In Progress...

Here's the deal: I am currently working on four quilts.  Yep, I know, if I focused on just one at a time I'd finish them a lot faster, but I can't seem to get this under control!  Picking fabric and choosing a design is so much fun that I've done it four times over and now have to follow through.  :)  This is a good thing though.  I truly do love the whole process of quilt making - just some parts are a bit more exciting than the others!

I thought since I haven't been posting much lately that I'd show you some of my progress...(and happily, I found quilt batting on sale this week, so the pieces are coming together)!

Elliott's quilt:

Last night I finished reconstructing the quilt front - I had managed to piece a section of 8 blocks on upside down, and had to take it out and make it right.  Ahh...that feels better!  At this rate I might actually be done his quilt in time for his birthday at the end of the month (fingers crossed).


I wasn't really sure what I thought of this one...but I got an entirely new perspective today when I saw it from a distance (I had to stand on a bucket on my tip toes to keep it from touching the ground)! 
Living room throw:

This quilt will be made up entirely of 2.5" squares, so it's definitely time consuming.  I've pieced together a few sections and will be focusing on this one once all of the others are done.  And I'm going to try REALLY hard to not start any more projects until this one is sitting on my living room couch (completed!).


I've had to piece this one as I go because I don't have a design wall and I don't really have anywhere to lay it out that doesn't have to be used on a weekly basis.  My walking foot has been working like a charm on this puppy!
Two Others:
The other two that I'm working on are for two dear friends of mine who have recently celebrated their birthdays...so I can't show them.  But I will tell you that their a little modern with a bit of vintage flare!  They are EASY to piece and won't take much time at all!  Okay, okay, here's a little sneak peek!



And here's what I'm sending to school with Elliott tomorrow for his class Easter party!


You can find these little bunnies here along with a few other cute pretzel and chocolate ideas.

On a side note - this chest cold that I have will NOT go away.  It's been two weeks in counting and I think I might actually venture out to the doc to get looked at.  Maybe.  :)  There just doesn't ever seem to be a good time with quilts on the go, kids to adore and a husband to love.  Though, I guess I won't be doing any of those things if I don't take care of myself first!

~Karina

1 comment:

  1. I am starting my first quilt! And I am like you, I love picking fabrics and tend to buy more than I need! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete

Great, you're leaving a comment...I LOVE comments!