Monday 24 December 2012

Recycled Reader - Ruby Star Wrap-Along

Well, this will be my last post for my Ruby Star Wrap-Along submissions - I've had so much fun with the wrap-along and definitely had a great time stepping away from my sewing machine for this one!

This project is based on the Recycled Reader in Ruby Star Wrapping.  Basically, take an old book (the pages were literally falling out of this one) and re-purpose it for something great!  My 'great' thing is a gift card holder, but there are so many options (like gifting old or new photos, keeping receipts...the possibilities are almost endless)!  :)


I found the book while thrifting (surprised?) and the design on the front of the book really grabbed me...it reminds me of vintage Pyrex and Flea Market Fancy.  


The inside of the book was created by decoupaging pages from an old book (one I bought at the same time) onto a piece of computer paper.  Once it dried I glues it to the inside of the book and detailed the edges with some decorative tape.  After gluing the pages in it was a little too thick to close, so I just cut a little of the bulk out of the middle and prettied it up with more decorative tape (I really don't think I could have used too much of that cute stuff).


Once completed I wrapped it up with some Festive Garland with more pages from the book.  Cute, no?  
The best part of the gift is that the gift card is for a local bookstore - talk about a themed present!
 


::Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas::
~Karina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Great, you're leaving a comment...I LOVE comments!