Tuesday 14 February 2012

Baby Boys...

I've been up to a few different things over the past week that I'd love to share with you.  In fact, I think I'll do that right now!  :)

I bought a box full of knits at a garage sale last summer for $10, and then I came across this tutorial from Omi Creates last week.  What a great little project to get my feet wet with sewing knits!  I'll be the first to say that my little number ain't perfect, but I can't resist posting it because it's just too darn cute!


I broke two snaps in the process (one because I put it on backwards and had to rip it out), but it was worth it!  Luckily for me a have a cute, little, three-week-old nephew to try this little onesie out on...maybe in a month or two.  On that note, I FINALLY got to meet my littlest nephew this past weekend and he is so precious. Silly me forgot my camera, but I'm sure Joey's mom would love to send me a photo or two!

To add to the baby boy craze, I had the option of making one of three projects for my Curves Class from Rachel at Stitched in Color and chose these little bibs...


I've lovingly dubbed them the 'lumberjack' bibs and have my eye on a little lumberjack who could make good use of them!  These bibs were made out of flannel and are so soft and I imagine will be wonderfully absorbent.  Sewing curves is a little daunting, but I've managed to get some practice in the past few weeks!

Oh, and I've started cutting my material for a throw quilt for my living room!  I was originally going to attempt the Retro Flowers pattern but thought maybe I should wait on that until I'm a bit better at sewing a curved seam.  Since I haven't ever made a simple patchwork quilt, I've decided to give that a go instead.  I feel like it may be some sort of 'right of passage' to become a real quilter.  :)  I've got about 750 2.5" squares to cut out, but I'm already half done so I'm on my way!

And for those of you wondering, no, I haven't given up on Elliott's quilt (nor have I finished it)!  With all the excitement of placing another fabric order online I didn't buy quite enough backing fabric.  Oops!  It's been kind of nice to have a break from it for a couple of weeks, but I think I'm ready to jump back in to its enormity!  Don't worry, when it's completed you'll know about it (because I'll be shouting it from the rooftops while jumping for joy).

I hope you are all having a LOVEly day. 
~Karina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Great, you're leaving a comment...I LOVE comments!