Wednesday, 16 May 2012

A Tunic and a Dress

So, I've been trying to make Arlyn a dress for a little while now, but the sizing for each pattern is always so different.  I made a size 2 and it was way to small...then I made a size 3 and it was way too big.  I decided to take some online advice and draft a pattern from one of her T-shirts that fit well.  And guess what?  It worked!  Though, instead of making a dress I made a tunic to start.

Tunic - front
Tunic - back
The lace has been hanging around my sewing room for quite some time now - I came across it while thrifting a while ago and am glad that I have been able to put it to good use!

And then, when I was on a role I made this little number - The idea is based on the Ice Cream Social Dress from Jess at Craftiness is not Optional but omitted the ruffle sleeves to make it a little more simple. 

I had bought the material a while back just after Arlyn was born.  At that time her room was a beige colour and I wanted to brighten it up a bit with some lovely curtains!  Soon after I had bought the material we decided to move so I packed up the fabric and am so glad that I found the perfect project for it (though, I better find a few more projects so the remainder - I've got lots left)!

When Arlyn tried the dress on I told her to go look in her mirror to see how pretty she looked - and then when Daddy came home she kept on tapping the frills at the top of her dress and chattering about how pretty her new dress is (a least I think that's what she was saying).  :)

I'll be sure to post a few pics of Arlyn wearing these as soon as I can!  She wore the dress on Sunday to church, but silly me forgot to get a picture!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Great, you're leaving a comment...I LOVE comments!