Tuesday 29 May 2012

Jump Rope Dress

I think I might need to start a separate blog for the dresses that I'm making Arlyn.  I'm seriously enjoying making these little numbers!  Today's post is brought to you by Oliver + S.  Again.  :)  If you haven't ever been to the Oliver + S website, hop on over right now as soon as your done looking around at The Naked Spool and take a look at all the cute goodness. 

After finding some adorable red and white fabric while thrifting I purchased the Oliver + S Jump Rope pattern to make Arlyn a Canada Day dress. 


Here it is!


It looks a little more pink from a distance than I want it to, but I'm still going to have her wear it for fireworks in July!


I love the Oliver + S patterns because they are so easy to follow...I haven't tried making a collar until now, and it wasn't too bad!

Sleeve Cuff

Front Pocket

Front Placket
As usual, I'll post some pics of Arlyn wearing it once I can get her hair brushed.  It's really hard to keep it in place...it looks normal, but it's actually crazy (kinda like a lot of people I know...in a good way)!

I hope you're all having a bright and beautiful week!

8 comments:

  1. Very beautiful!! This is one of my favorite O+S patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Sharon! I know, this pattern is too cute - I'm definintely going to have to get it in the bigger sizes for later!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you added it to the O+S flicker group? The girls would just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Emily! And thanks for the flickr tip, Sharon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! Perfect for Canada day! Hmmm... I'm off to check out that pattern again and the rest of your blog :)
    I love your blog name and header by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Lynne - I'm glad that you came by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! The print is perfect for this dress, and the photo of the dress hanging on the blue wall is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

Great, you're leaving a comment...I LOVE comments!