Tuesday 10 January 2012

Before I Go On...

Before I go on with my posts, I thought that I might share a little bit more about myself so that those who don't know me personally can get a feel for who I am (look out)!

This is my family.  They are the loves of my life.  I find that there is a delicate balance between spending time with them, on my house, by myself and crafting.  Now, as important as these little gems and this big gem are to me, I know that sewing is an outlet for me that helps me be a better mom and wife.  That is why I take the time to create.
Arlyn

Dave and Elliott on Christmas morning!
One thing that you might not know about me is that crafting doesn't always come easy to me.  I often feel stuck when it comes to starting something new or making something up on my own. When I look around at others' work and see what they've done I often think to myself - 'oh, I wish that I was that good!'  I often feel limited by my vision, my skills, and my time.  And then I tell myself, "Karina, suck it up"! :)  I'm learning that comparing myself to others is completely ineffective.  I'm learning to use others' work and ideas as a catalyst for myself...as encouragement to get better! 

A few more things.  I love fabric...it's like this new-found love that has always been there but never really appreciated until now!  I could spend HOURS just shopping around, trying to decide what I want to use for an upcoming project!  The horrible part about it is that I can't sleep at night because I'm thinking about fabric.  Seriously.

I love a good cup of coffee.  And sweets.  And most any food that anyone is willing to make for me (because it always tastes better when you don't have to make it yourself)! 

And just to reinforce why I started this blog - I love to sew and create.  It truly brings out the best in me...and I want to encourage others to get started on something they love to do!  DO IT!  Jump right in!  You know you want to. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Great, you're leaving a comment...I LOVE comments!