Saturday 31 December 2011

Give, Give, Give!

I LOVE giving things away.  I just love it!  So, I'm sure you can guess that Christmas is my most favourite time of year!  Before I show off some of the wonderful things that I received for Christmas, I thought that I would share some of the things that I had the pleasure of giving away this season. 

Mug Rugs.  I made up four mug rugs: two for my little sister and two for my sister in law.  Here's a sample of them!
Front
Back
Front

Back
All four of the mug rugs were made from the lovely Echo collection by Lotta Jansdotter that I posted about earlier this month.  I truly loved working with these beautiful prints and found them to be so inspiring!

Bags.  I gifted a number of bags this Christmas and they were each received very well by the little ones who opened them up!  I posted earlier about the Nature Explorer Bag tutorial I used to make this great car bag for my nephew...well, I made a robot themed one for my son, Elliott, and a guitar themed one for my nephew, Jack!
Car themed bag for Nate
Robot themed bag for Elliott


The next bag (tutorial here) was actually one that I thought I would be making for all of my nieces and nephews, but it turned out a little tinier than I had anticipated (probably due to me not reading about the final size)!  It is super adorable and I gave it away as a purse to my four-year-old niece, Kaitlyn (who immediately filled it with her new fairy figurine, mini horses and Zoobles...).

Kaitlyn and her bag

You probably remember the quilt that I made for my Sister's baby who is arriving in two (or so) weeks!



And, last but not least, I made these very cute fabric letter magnets that I saw at Chez Beeper Bebe.



Phew.  Wow.  I think I may  have to turn down the 'let's make everyone something for Christmas' dial next year.  It's a very good thing that I started in September...I was sewing the binding onto the mug rugs on the way to our family Christmas!  :)

I hope that you all had a beautiful Christmas and that your holiday season has been full of family, friends, reflection and crafting.  I wish you a New Year that is full of health and blessings!

2 comments:

  1. You sure have been busy. We loved all of your sewing creations. Thank-you Karina.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karina - I just bought fabric magnetic letters off Etsy for a friend who just had a baby. I love them! Next time I will hire you to make them :)

    ReplyDelete

Great, you're leaving a comment...I LOVE comments!